Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Hi, my name is Shivani and I'm addicted to attachment.

Authentic Yoga is the Cosmic 8-Step Program.

Points covered in the program:

1. Everything that happens is karmically perfect. All suffering is the result of our own attachment.


2. Events cause activity in the unenlightened mind. This produces more karma unless the seeker uses these mental ripples as inspiration to go deeper, to find Shankara (a name for Shiva meaning "The Cause of Peace").

3. The mind and the emotions are addicted to attachment, while the inner soul is the abode of Chandi (Chandi= the Goddess, "She Who Tears Apart Thought"). Spiritual life is about learning to make the right choice, Chandi, to produce to result you truly want, peace and happiness.  This is a monumental shift. The Guru teaches how to make the shift.

4. Gurus can not make the choice for you, but they can inspire you and give you the tools to make the right choice.  They have a lot of patience.

5. Chandi and the Guru are the only salvation, because they are beyond attachment. 

2 comments:

  1. Namaste Shivani,
    in your october post you wondered what it must be like to read this blog. Well, my dear, I can tell you it is my good fortune to have found it when looking for something else, and I have enjoyed reading what you have written very much. No, enjoyed is not the right word. I am in awe of your honesty and devotion. I love your sense of humour. And I am inspired to continue my own practice according to Maa and Swamiji's teachings. Even though I am far away in a physical sense, I can honestly see Maa pulled me back more times than I can remember. For which I'll always be grateful. Yet I still stumble and fall. But I digress. I just realize you perhaps never read the posts in the Devi Mandir Yahoo Group, so my name will not mean anything to you. But I can tell you every word you write rings true. Please continue to share your amazing journey,
    with love,
    Henny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Namaste Henny Maa!
    Thank you for your kind words. You inspire me to keep writing, and it's always a blessing to connect with a sister seeker.
    I actually have read your posts on the Yahoo Group, so it is especially fun to hear from you! I was inspired by your honesty and sincerity, and your dedication to Maa and Swami's teachings despite being physically far away. Maybe you will visit sometime soon?
    Love and blessings,
    Shivani

    ReplyDelete