Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Today's Sadhana

Before work: 

1. chanted the Sādhana Pañcakam (5 Verses in Praise of Spiritual Discipline written by Śaṅkarācārya in 700 AD) from the beginning of Swami Satyananda Saraswati's Advanced Śiva Pūjā book and read it in English.
2. chanted opening mantras to the Chaṇḍī Pāṭhaḥ, the 13 chapters of the Chaṇḍī, and the Siddha Kuñjikā Stotram......really freaked out while chanting the Chaṇḍī this morning.  It was a hard one.

After work:

1.  chanted intro mantras from Advanced Śiva Pūjā book
2.  chanted Śiva Saṅkalpa Stotram and read it in English, and meditated a bit.  that was really nice. Thank you, Shiva!
3.  chanted 10 malas of "Oṃ Namaḥ Śivāya"  (that's the saṅkalpa Maa gave for the month of sravan)
4.  chanted Gaṇeśa pūjā mantras and Gaṇeśytharvaśirṣam from Advanced Śiva Pūjā Book
5.  Chanted Śrī Guru Gītā
        ----broke my asana but kept sitting----
6. Chanted Durgā Pūjā mantras from Cosmic Pūjā book and the worship of the 9 Durga stotram that I have memorized from the Beginner Durgā Pūjā book (prathaman śailaputrī ca dvitīyam brahmacāriṇī.....First is the Goddess of the Inspiration....second the Goddess of Sacred Study....)
7.  Chanted mini Śiva pūjā (gāyatrī mantra, nyāsa, dhyānam, and a few mental offerings)
      -----broke my asana------
8.  Memorized Sarasvatī's dhyanam from Chapter 5 of the Chaṇḍī Pāṭhaḥ (something Maa told me to do months ago...ill probably have to re-freshen tomorrow too)

Not bad for a working girl, eh?  This morning I felt like i was in mental agony, but it turned out to be a good day!  Yay!  Let's see if I can keep it up.  If you see this, say a prayer for me!

It's now  1:30 am and I'm going to try to wake up at 5:00 am.  Wish me luck.

Jai Maa!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment